Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
So I tried to run iTunes in OSX.1.5 and got a -208 error - what gives? It won't run now at all, quits with another error. Also I have some stuff in the trash (not related) that I can't delete, says I don't have sufficient privileges. Now anything new I put it can't be deleted.

This is very frustrating.....

D

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
For the trash issue, pull some of the things out until you can empty it and then place the stuff you pulled back in one at a time. Hopefully this is one of the things that will be resolved in the next release.

As for iTunes, is that the very latest version (2.0.4 I believe)???

The error message you gave comes up as "File is corrupt or unusale, or not AIFF or AIFF-C" I don't know how much music you have in iTunes, but you might have some bad files there. ;)

I'd suggest pulling the preference file for iTunes and try it again. If it still doesn't work, then remove the playlist files as well. The music is stored on your hard drive, not within iTunes, so you can always recreate the playlists later.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
so I figured out the trash issue. I have to run the uninstaller - didn't know there was one for that app, and it works.

But the iTunes is still messed up. I removed the prefs in my user dir and reran iTunes and it started up, went through the user configuration part and then gave me the same error and quit again.

damn frustrating.

I might take it over to the genius bar in Clarendon and see how they do.

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.