PDA

View Full Version : Gaming/mass effect

JSD529
Apr 5, 2009, 07:18 AM
Hi,
I have a mac book pro and use bootcamp on it alot. I haven't had problems with it but I have started gaming pretty hard on it.. I got steam to download games like team fortress2 and l4d. Then I saw they had mass effect. I played a cracked version of the game for about two hours and liked it so much I decided to buy it. Now it freezes and I have to do a hard shut down everytime. I was wondering if anyone knew if updating drivers on my mac side would help with my gaming issues.

Mac book pro
160 gb HD
2.4 GHZ core 2 duo
2 gb RAM
Nvidia 8400 gt
Using windows xp sp2

apfhex
Apr 5, 2009, 02:57 PM
Now it freezes and I have to do a hard shut down everytime.
What kind of freezes?

I tried to play Mass Effect on my MP but it crashed so much, I couldn't. :mad: It would crash to the desktop, but then the screen would go blank and I'd have to shutdown (not video card overheating, but probably a problem with the drivers and Mass Effect).

JSD529
Apr 5, 2009, 05:58 PM
i walk out of citadel tower about an hour into the game, and when it loads while im walking around and freezes right when it pops up that it is loading...

ive tried uninstalling my avg virus protection, adding shader files, deleting shader files, getting directX 10... everything i could think of

aki
Apr 5, 2009, 07:09 PM
hm i have played mass effect right through on bootcamp on an imac with vista32 and directx10 so it works for sure in theory

only i can suggest is the usual thing of uninstall reinstall or reinstall windows.... fun times :o

Keleko
Apr 6, 2009, 10:33 AM
Have you updated your video drivers? Nvidia has laptop driver installs available now.

apfhex
Apr 6, 2009, 10:52 AM
when it loads while im walking around and freezes right when it pops up that it is loading...
It was crashing mostly when loading data for me too (and sometimes saving!). I guess it doesn't run well on certain hardware/driver/OS combinations.

JSD529
Apr 6, 2009, 12:21 PM
I updated it and now once I hit resume it goes to the gate loading screen and freezes.. But now I don't have to do a hard shut down.. I can alt tab outand it gives the "mass effect has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I also Uninstalled and reinstalled the game.