PDA

View Full Version : How can I connect a g5 to tv

jer2665
Apr 18, 2004, 11:05 PM
I'm curious if I can connect a powerman g5 with a radeon 9800 card, with adc and dvi ports, to connect it to my television? anyone?

MisterMe
Apr 19, 2004, 08:08 AM
I'm curious if I can connect a powerman g5 with a radeon 9800 card, with adc and dvi ports, to connect it to my television? anyone?You need an EDTV or HDTV monitor with a DVI port. You will also need a DVI cable.

Sun Baked
Apr 19, 2004, 03:24 PM
What type of input ports do you have on the TV?

If you have an "analog RGB" port the TVs manual should have some info on hooking computers directly to the unit.

But if you look at this thread...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=24431

You'll see that actually saying what tv, a link to it's manual, and/or complete model number do help -- since some are ready to be used as a monitor, some need a simple adapter cable, and some an actual convertor box. (not really, but I just wanted to say we don't have enough info to answer the question).

jer2665
Apr 19, 2004, 11:36 PM
I just looked on their site and couldn't find the manual online, but all my tv has is the standard red/white/yellow. and r/g/b connectors on the tv. is there anything like dvi->component video or s-vido or anything like that?

mrbrown
Apr 20, 2004, 01:47 AM
I believe apple offers a VGA or DVI to composite/S-Video cable. I've also seen them at CompUSA (designed by Apple) for about $20.