Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
along time ago I saw an internal screenshot of a black macbook. Inside it looked like there was another spot for an internal 2.5 inch hard drive in addition to the normal hard drive location.

Is there one or am I loosing my mind. If there is one does it affect your macbook applecare in any way to get to it to use it.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
along time ago I saw an internal screenshot of a black macbook. Inside it looked like there was another spot for an internal 2.5 inch hard drive in addition to the normal hard drive location.

Is there one or am I loosing my mind. If there is one does it affect your macbook applecare in any way to get to it to use it.

I don't know if there is or not a space in the Black MacBook, but, I know there is no extra connector or power source for an extra drive. You would need to mod your Logic Board to accept the new connectors, unless you swap the connectors of the SuperDrive to hook up to the new hard drive.

That is if there is space which I think there is not.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I don't know if there is or not a space in the Black MacBook, but, I know there is no extra connector or power source for an extra drive. You would need to mod your Logic Board to accept the new connectors, unless you swap the connectors of the SuperDrive to hook up to the new hard drive.

That is if there is space which I think there is not.

ahh thats what I must have seen was the super drive area and connector. forgot about that thanks

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
There is no space.

There is an aftermarket adapter to remove the optical drive to put in a second HD in the place of optical though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.