Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericuf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
I just bought the 32Gig itouch (2.0), but am somewhat hesitant. I don't want to have bought it and then in a few months there be a newer (bigger) model. What do you think?? Thanks!

That-Is-Bull

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
It's overdue for an update and there's an Apple event in two months. I'd take it back and wait.

Edit: Actually, it might not be overdue. The MacRumors buyer's guide says it is but that's just because it came out in February and the last update was in September, which was a 185-day span. But the other iPods are always updated in September, so I don't know. Regardless, I'd wait.

ericuf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Part of me thinks I've waited 2 years, but then again, I'm not very good on patience, so I'll probably get this one and then just try and sell it IF a better one comes out in 5 months. gar :)

simplymuzik3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
I would wait for sure. With all the recent rumors of new things like faster wifi and more features, I would keep saving up from now, in case the 3G costs alot more(which may happen!).

RiCEADDiCTBOY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
i would buy one now. i have a 1st Gen model and sold it for a decent price and picking up a 2nd Gen model...

the thing you can always count on with Apple products is relatively high resale value. September is a good distant away...

I say pick one up and enjoy it. When September roles around and just some features are added - you may feel better that you went ahead and just bought a model that does everything you need it to in the first place.

On the flipside - if the new model has particular features that catch your eye - just sell it your current model. You should have close to zero problems getting it off your hands.

I can't live without my iPod touch...so I refuse to wait till September. If I need to upgrade again...which I doubt I will need to...because practically the current iPod touch is having the features that will be "marketed" on the new ipod touch turned on.

Don't expect a camera and etc...Apple still needs to have particular features seperating the iPhone and iPod Touch. I'm happy using my digital camera taking pictures anyways. :)

a 64gig model I would say yes to though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.