Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WarBourne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
I have a 2g iPod touch refurbrished and I've only had it for about 2 days but ive noticed that it's been getting kinda hot near the usb jack and at the top by the sleep button. What should I do? I'm going to see if it goes away but otherwise, is this a problem? Thanks !!!!!!

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
I have a 2g iPod touch refurbrished and I've only had it for about 2 days but ive noticed that it's been getting kinda hot near the usb jack and at the top by the sleep button. What should I do? I'm going to see if it goes away but otherwise, is this a problem? Thanks !!!!!!

How hot is hot? Another words how hot is it getting? Too hot to touch, warm or what? I don't remember any of my iPod Touches getting hot at all.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
None of the 7 ipods my family's had (including a touch) have ever got hot while charging unless they were sitting in the sun or something. I'd get it checked.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
How hot is hot? If it's too hot to touch then that's a problem. Mine gets warm when running 3D games and the like, but it's not ridiculously hot.

pilotrtc

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
I've noticed mine gets a little toasty while it's charging but have never burnt my hand on it.

WarBourne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
It's like a warmish feeling, I think it's from using it a lot with all my apps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.