Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christina99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
I recently installed MAMP Pro but now I have a problem which I can't solve.
I use Dreamweaver CS3 together with MAMP Pro, and it works fine, when my scripts don't contain any mistakes.
Then I can use the Live data view to see the result.
When there is a mistake in the script I don't get an error display, but only this question to change the location of the testing server.(see image)
I know the location of the testing server is correct because the scripts work when they don't contain any mistakes.
In php.ini the error_reporting=E_ALL
and display_errors=on

So I'm out of options.
Any hints?

Attachments

• screen-capture-1.png
    screen-capture-1.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 111

Christina99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
No the testing server is set up right.
I can use Live data view when the scripts are working.
It must be something else.

DaReal_Dionysus

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
No the testing server is set up right.
I can use Live data view when the scripts are working.
It must be something else.

post your setup i will take a look. I have been using mamp for years and am normally pretty good at know whats going on.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Just making an observation the filename it had trouble finding was (guessing) a TEMPORARY file generated by Dreamweaver during browser preview. I based this on the long filename with he odd random characters. If so, I suggest you disable that option, go to the preferences area, preview by browser, uncheck "Preview using temporary file" for all browsers configured for preview.

Besides that, make sure in your test site, the server model is PHP/MySQL since that was also mentioned here.

This is all done in DW.

-jim

Christina99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
Just making an observation the filename it had trouble finding was (guessing) a TEMPORARY file generated by Dreamweaver during browser preview. I based this on the long filename with he odd random characters. If so, I suggest you disable that option, go to the preferences area, preview by browser, uncheck "Preview using temporary file" for all browsers configured for preview.

Besides that, make sure in your test site, the server model is PHP/MySQL since that was also mentioned here.

This is all done in DW.

-jim

Hi,
I checked these things and all was ok, so this is not the solution...

Here are some of my settings in DW and mamp pro

thanks

Attachments

• screen-capture-4.png
    screen-capture-4.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 87
  • screen-capture-5.png
    screen-capture-5.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 97
  • screen-capture-6.png
    screen-capture-6.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 89
  • screen-capture-3.png
    screen-capture-3.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 74

Christina99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
It's ok, I have found the problem.
I changed the user to www/mysql in the MAMP settings and it worked again.
Where the logic is in that is still a big question for me.
So I got this to work on my macbook, when I did everthing exactly the same on my imac then it still doesn't work!
It gives me a 404 (file not found) on one site, while other sites work fine.
I think it's a bug in dreamweaver, which fails in interacting with the local server or something like that.
Thanks for the help anyway
cheers

DaReal_Dionysus

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
Okay just a few things:

first: remote info should be set to the htdocs folder /the foldername

example: Macintosh HD:Applications:MAMP:htdocs:foldername:

In the testing server you have it set like this: http://localhost which is incorrect

it should be like this: http://localhost:8888/foldername/

for further assistance please view the Video Training Module I did for another website. It will walk you through the complete setup and how to set your testing server properly. It is a step by step video tutorial

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/mamp.php

Christina99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
Thanks for that info, it's most appreciated.
Good tutorial site too.

Btw,
I'm looking for a good tutorial on how to import csv files into PhpMyAdmin and how to go from there to create the database.
I have a csv file which is 2MB, and I'm unable to import it because the max file size is something like 30kb.

thanks

DaReal_Dionysus

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
Your welcome I hope it helped. I did that VTM exactly for these situations. Poor Jim (SrWebDeveloper) can't do everything A Jim lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.