Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBecks

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
I'm going to be spending a few days in the the middle of nowhere where my only option for the internet is using a landline telephone. I have no idea how this works...would this be the only thing I need? http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA034Z/A?mco=MzE4Njc3MQ Is there anything cheaper? Other options?

That's all you need for the hardware.

You will need an account with an Internet Service Provider to dial into.

Maybe another option:
Do you have a mobile? Can you use this as a modem for internet connect?

ukitali

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
My mobile phone does not have interest plus I'm not even sure if there's a cell tower near by.

ukitali

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Yah, I already looked there. I still don't consider $30 cheap (the cheapest legit one I could find) and a couple people mention it doesn't work with a Mac.

PowerBookRelic

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008
I mean you would have to get the modem, and get access to a dial-up internet account. Perhaps you need to access the internet for work, but otherwise, wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) to just go without internet for a few days?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Assuming you need the Internet access, you are stuck with those prices. You won't be getting low prices from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.