Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
This is the second time this has happened to me now. I synched my iPT (after downloading an update to an app) and when I looked at my apps, a LOT of them were gone.

Here's the post I put up the first time:
This is weird...
Today I synched my iPT and as I watched the progress I noticed it was telling me things like "deleting Pandora" and a couple of other apps. I let it finish and sure enough those were gone. In no way had I tried to delete them.
I looked at my iTunes app library and the apps were still there. I went to the apps preference page, and the check boxes in front of the missing apps were NOT checked as they should have been. I NEVER meddled with those check boxes. I checked them, hit APPLY, re-synched, and the apps were restored.

So now I'm a happy camper, but why the heck did this happen? How can I prevent it from happening in the future.

Nobody answered me the first time,but I REALLY want to figure out why this is happening. Thanks (I hope...)

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
This is the second time this has happened to me now. I synched my iPT (after downloading an update to an app) and when I looked at my apps, a LOT of them were gone.

Here's the post I put up the first time:
This is weird...
Today I synched my iPT and as I watched the progress I noticed it was telling me things like "deleting Pandora" and a couple of other apps. I let it finish and sure enough those were gone. In no way had I tried to delete them.
I looked at my iTunes app library and the apps were still there. I went to the apps preference page, and the check boxes in front of the missing apps were NOT checked as they should have been. I NEVER meddled with those check boxes. I checked them, hit APPLY, re-synched, and the apps were restored.

So now I'm a happy camper, but why the heck did this happen? How can I prevent it from happening in the future.

Nobody answered me the first time,but I REALLY want to figure out why this is happening. Thanks (I hope...)

did anyone mess with your ipod? if anyone deletes an app on the ipod, itunes won't automatically resync it asumming you dont want it.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
if the apps are still in iTunes, and not iPod it could be that the apps are not selected to sync and therefore may have been deleted off your iPod during a sync.

Plug your iPod into computer and in iTunes go to the iPod and click on the applications tab and make sure it has the tick box for syncing all apps selected

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
if the apps are still in iTunes, and not iPod it could be that the apps are not selected to sync and therefore may have been deleted off your iPod during a sync.

Plug your iPod into computer and in iTunes go to the iPod and click on the applications tab and make sure it has the tick box for syncing all apps selected

This is the weird part. First of all, nobody plays with my iPod Touch or the PC I synch it with.

Just as last time, those apps were NOT selected to synch, which accounts for why they disappeared. I re-selected them, and they reinstalled just fine.

What I don't understand is how the heck they got de-selected! My wife and I have our own, separate computers and she's very computer savvy and would never mess with my iTouch (she has her own on her computer). Really weird.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
your not the only one, I have had it happen where I have had apps in itunes and my iPod and yet when I have looked at the tab it has sync only selected ticked and I'm the only one who uses my iPod and pc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.