Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xXwortepXx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
MY COMPUTER
I go onto alot of pages trying to find out how to not get my stuff erased from my itouch when sycing and nothing then I try to acess my app store from here in germany I am here visting (please post soon leaving at 6 am currently 2 am) and i keep logining in on the hotels wi fi and when I go to the app store it says can't retrieve infromation from itunes please connect to itunes then I connect my itouch to my computer and still erase sync messassages and stuff and I just want to download one free app from app store from my macbook or itouch.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
You cannot sync an ipod to more than one computer.

Set the ipod not to sync at all (manually manage) and I still think you can't do it with two computers

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
you could share your music library to the other with iTunes - however i'm not sure if you can sync your iPod to a network library.

you could always disable iTunesHelper on one of the computers (that way iTunes isn't even opened if you plug it up)

alexnikle

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2009
do you have the usb link? if yes, you can just use the iPod as a HD, when you link it with one of your computer you can find a moveable disc, then you can copy what you need onto your computer.

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
do you have the usb link? if yes, you can just use the iPod as a HD, when you link it with one of your computer you can find a moveable disc, then you can copy what you need onto your computer.

Apple doesn't support 'disk mode' on the iPod Touch like they do on other iPods. There may be a jailbreak way to do it, though.

dvince2

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2007
Canada
I'm not sure if this works with an iPod touch, but it did for my 3rd gen nano.
I copied my "iTunes" folder in ~/Music from my macbook to my G4. This made my iPod think it was syncing from the same library, and was able to sync with with my macbook and G4.
Note, however, that if something was in my MB library but not my G4, when i synced with my G4, that song would be removed from my iPod

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.