Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I already ripped this from my PS1 original but this is good to see. This was one of the reasons I bought a PSP for in the first place.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
can you not just set up a japanese account and download it?

Its not free, so its not that simple. You can buy a Japanese PSN card and buy it that way from your Japanese account, but the only way to bind a credit card to a Japanese account is to have a Japanese issued credit card.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
Its not free, so its not that simple. You can buy a Japanese PSN card and buy it that way from your Japanese account, but the only way to bind a credit card to a Japanese account is to have a Japanese issued credit card.

oh well thats a pain. for some reason i had assumed that it was as easy as getting demos:eek:

sikkinixx said:
In the words of the late Chris Farley "I don't speak Japanese."

i assumed that as it was the international version that it would come in english also, perhaps i'm wrong again:eek:

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
You can download demos etc on other regional accounts but as for purchasing yes it's a bit different. I forgot how I got around buying on the HK store, I think what I did was make up an fake Hong Kong address and it took my credit card, just in HK dollars. If the one in the Japanese store has English then I would try it, but doubtful.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
i assumed that as it was the international version that it would come in english also, perhaps i'm wrong again:eek:

The 'international version' is essentially the north american version (ie. better materia management system, Ruby/Emerald Weapons, compared to the original Jpn version) but in Japanese only. *sigh* oh well... maybe Squeenix/SCEA will show some love.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
If anyone is interested, I do sell Japanese PSN pre-paid cards. And I will beat Play-Asia's prices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.