PDA

View Full Version : Good Mac-Only Games?

stoid
Apr 20, 2004, 09:04 AM
My PC using friend is always bashing the Mac saying that they have no games. I would have to agree with him, at least in my knowledge. I was wondering if there are any good, or at least decent Mac-only games so that if he sees me playing and asks what it is, I can tell his he's SOL because it's Mac-only.

wordmunger
Apr 20, 2004, 09:33 AM
Isn't Nanosaur 2 Mac only? It's a free download for .mac members.

stoid
Apr 20, 2004, 12:26 PM
Not sure, but I think that most of the ambrosia games are released Mac-only (at least at first).

Flickta
Apr 20, 2004, 02:23 PM
All Pangea's games.

Ambrosia had this "do not have nor skill neither interest to port" attitude until several years ago. Now they port.

stoid
Apr 20, 2004, 02:59 PM
I'm really looking forward to RedLine from Ambrosia. I've enjoyed all the EV games, Uplink, and many others. I hope it's up to the level that they are hyping!

A Mac Gamer
Apr 20, 2004, 05:09 PM
Well, I remember Halo being demoed, and I think that was going to come out first on the Mac. So what happens BOOM!! Microsoft buys them! I don't think any triple A titles will only come out on Mac, or even Mac first.

Dont Hurt Me
Apr 20, 2004, 05:32 PM
Giants is Mac only and pretty cool.

ZildjianKX
Apr 20, 2004, 06:37 PM
"Mac-Only Games"... isn't t hat an oxymoron?

Let's see... does jigsaw puzzle count from old macs?

Seriously though, the only mac-only game that I've ever really played and enjoyed was Toysight... which uses an iSight or webcam to play... kinda fun.

Check out the company who makes it: http://www.freeverse.com/ they have a lot of mac-only games.

taeclee99
Apr 20, 2004, 06:38 PM
Bubble Trouble - the most addicting mac-only game.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/bt/

applekid
Apr 20, 2004, 08:16 PM
Giants is Mac only and pretty cool.

Nope. Cool game, but definitely not Mac only.

Hmmm, besides shareware games and Pangea, I can't really think of anything else. Also, add Freeverse to the list. Shareware company, but I'm just making sure everybody knows it exists ;)

Oh well, gaming isn't something I try to defend for the Mac. Macs beat PCs in every other way, so what does it matter? Don't expect to convert gamers to the Mac. Most PC gamers are obnoxious "nerds" that are too busy going inside their computer and not getting laid. :p