PDA

View Full Version : FRAME RATE

zinc
Apr 20, 2004, 09:26 AM
Hi

How can increase the frame rate on Spearhead?

I have a 800mhz imac combo [flat screen] with 512mb ram and runnning Medal of Honour Sprearhead, online gaming FPS is between 5-15, which is no good for cometitive play.

I've tried reducing graphic detail and resolution but it makes little difference.

Is there a 'fix'/ to be able to increase frame rates?

Cheers

Zinc

CubeHacker
Apr 20, 2004, 10:04 AM
Buy a new computer :D

But seriously, if you've lowered the resolution and graphic options all the way down and its still not playable, there is nothing you can really do except for upgrade your computer.

coolsoldier
Apr 20, 2004, 01:23 PM
Wait a minute... Before you buy a new computer, check to make sure you're not running anything in the background. With the fast user switching, it's easy for a user to accidently leave something running in their "switched-out" account eating up processor cycles, which can really hurt game performance. And background programs like Konfabulator widgets and launchers, although they're not too much of a drain on the processor, eat up ram, and games need all the ram they can get.

I'm skeptical that a game would "naturally" run that poorly on a 800MHz G4 -- with the graphics turned down, an 800MHz iMac should be able to handle most games reasonably well.

invaLPsion
Apr 20, 2004, 04:17 PM
I turned almost everything down on my old 700MHz G3 iMac and was able to get 10-40 FPS on that game. Seems to me that it's not your computer...

applekid
Apr 20, 2004, 08:04 PM
There is a bug in both the Mac and PC version of Spearhead that will bring the whole game down to a crawl online and one of the single player missions.

It's just bad programming. Wait for MoH: Breakthrough. There's a decent expansion.

Mord
Apr 21, 2004, 12:31 PM
press the ` key (inbetween shift and z) and type in \com_hunkmegs 256

that should help

zinc
Apr 26, 2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the advice

I've tried the 'hunkmegs' thing and nothing happened? I had a unrecognisable command message. I tried restarting too, but no luck.

Im thinking of getting a better video card. 64 - 128mb vram card to sort it.

But will it sort it?

Cheers

Zinc