Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beankid1025

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2008
So finally I decided after getting my Iphone 3g that I would get a nice case to keep it protected, so I bought the Switcheasy Capselrebel in the "arctic color." At first glance this was a nice "cover" for the phone. It did it's job in protecting my phone from small things, and small scratches.

Now for actually dropping the phone......well let's just say that "dual body" design failed miserably here. The other day my phone fell from a height of about 3-3.5 feet. Now I know this is still pretty high for a fall, but it was the way the phone fell and broke the screen that shocked me. The phone fell on it's side, and right where the plastic arm part of the case wraps around, there are nice spiderweb cracks running to the bottom of screen from this point. I will post pictures of this so you can see.

Now I don't want this to be a rant about my mistake, yet I want those to know who are thinking about buying this product, that it has it's flaws and weaknesses and for total protection of your phone I would look elsewhere.

That-Is-Bull

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
A few months after buying a Capsule Neo, I took it off to clean some of the dirt out, and broke it. I was careful and didn't stretch it too much, but part of the bottom of the case is really thin and it broke off there. I sent the broken part to them and they sent me back a whole new case for free, then it broke in the same spot a couple weeks later when I was taking it out of my pocket.

It'd be an awesome case if it weren't for that part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.