Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
EU
Hi, I got LG Flatron W2234S which is plugged to my MBP. Similarly to this thread the picture seems to be kind of blur, I tried different resolutions but nothing seems to help. The recommended resolution for this LCD is 1680 x 1050 but there is no such option in my settings. Is there any way to bypass it? Any suggestions welcome.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
always stick to the recommended resolution. What you mean by no such option in my settings?

huski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
EU
I managed to get 1680 x 1050 through DisplayConfigX, which is recommended for that LCD but the results are still from satisfying. It's like every line of text or button is leaving the trace behind it.

joelypolly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
Bay Area
Are you using the DVI to VGA converter that came with your Mac or a third party one? Sometimes you will have issues when the monitor isn't reported correctly and thus you get incorrect resolutions.

huski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
EU
Yes, exactly I'm using that converter. I read somewhere that there might be some problems with DVI to VGA conversion. Is there any way to bypass it? Like getting some kind of better converter? Thanks for all the replays BTW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.