Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
I signed up to mobileme ages ago but never really implemented it properly onto entourage because our exchange server seemed to have problems with it.

Anyhow I have just gone to mac.com to change the password on my .mac email account because of security measures and I've noticed this account doesn't seem to exist on there anymore yet I'm still able to receive/send emails via entourage and iphone on this account.

I did then change the password but this was just for the .me account and had no affect on my .mac account.

I'm absolutely stumped - can anyone help?

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

The .mac account and the .me account are the same. Technically .mac does not exist any more but Apple knew the headaches concerning changing email adresses so they are allowing .mac users to continue using the email address. All of that to say that when you change you password for .me the one for .mac is changed. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.