Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I am looking for someone here who has experience with a Popcorn Hour A-110 and ext. HDD.

I got an WD Ext HDD and want to format it so that it can do the following.

When I plug the USB HDD to the Popcorn hour it should be able to play the movies pictures on the HDD.

I want to also be able to transfer files from the internal HDD on the Popcorn hour to the ext HDD. Will I be able to do that.

What are my option?

Also, if I can't do the above, then can I format the ext HDD in such a way that I have one partition for the mac to back up pictures, files etc and the other partition formatted to ext3 so that I can have read/write access on the Popcorn hour.

Kindly suggest

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
As far as I know the external HD on a popcorn hour can be any format you like except NTFS. Where as the internal drive always gets formatted by the popcorn hour as ext2 or ext3. I also don`t think you can copy files from the internal drive to an external drive, but I could be wrong. The best place for answers regarding the popcorn hour is:-

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.