Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hiler~C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Ok, on December 25, 2008, I got an Ipod Touch. About two days later I realized that the corners on it are loose when I push them in. When I push the bottom left the metal casing is higher then the screen. I don't really mind this at all because I know it won't be a future problem. However, about two days ago I cracked my Ipod. There is a huge scratch/crack going horizontally across the whole top of the screen. This is really annoying me and makes it very hard to touch those spots, and watch movies. It also just doesn't look good. So, I'm wondering can I drive to the apple store I bought it at, and get a free new one, because of the corner problem? I hear that there is a one year warranty but no one I've heard from is positive. I really love my Ipod Touch and want to get this fixed.

Please help, Thanks guys

Hiler~C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Even if the corners are loose? I know people that have gotton the corner problem and got a free touch as a result of going back and returning it

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Even if the corners are loose? I know people that have gotton the corner problem and got a free touch as a result of going back and returning it
They won't fix it for free after you break it... That's like buying a computer that has lots of dead pixels on it, then spilling a liter of wine on it and demanding a replacement due to the dead pixels.

Hiler~C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Yeah, I guess... How much would you say this will cost to get fixed?

pilotrtc

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
Search a bit for prices to replace the screen. A friend of mine shattered the screen of his iPhone and found a place to replace it for around $150.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.