Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

choccyface

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
I have an iPod Touch and I use the calendar to organise everything! All my regular work days/times/college/appointments/kids clubs are in there.

I went to look at it yesterday and everything had gone haywire, every entry had changed times, some repeating several times on one day at weird times......I tried to change them back to how they had been but when I looked again, they had gone right back to where they were, I deleted entries and set them back up, only to find they had reverted back time after time.

It only seems to affect the rest of the month, everything from May onwards looks normal.

I have no idea what has caused this, I downloaded an Apple update recently but I don't sync with Outlook or anything.

Its really screwed up this month, I am going to have to ring hospitals and dentists to find out when my appopintments are and I only had them on my iPod.

Another weird thing has happened too, on the notes page I entered a note, when I had finished there was a new note after the one I had just entered which seemed to relate to the one I had just written. The time was the same as for the note I'd just entered. I was pretty freaked out by it as I was on my own so no one else could have written it. I thought at first there must be some sort of auto response on it.

It feels like my iPod is possessed! Is there an explanation for these weird goings on? Can iPods get bugs/viruses?

Thank you!

Sarah x

wardev

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
Did you you you ipod during this time?

In the slightest chance it's NOT operator error, i'd back up your ipod and restore it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.