Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianStoiber

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Joliet, IL
I have a Macbook Pro with Parallels installed running XP Pro. I wanted to take a trip down memory lane and installed Riven (the sequal to Myst). The install went fine. The program loads but then I start to run into problems. First, the game only plays in about 1/3 of the XP screen. I can deal with that but the audio is crappy. There is the sound of static nonstop playing while the game runs.

It is so bad that the game is totally unplayable. Does anyone know of a way to fix this issue? The game installed Quciktime 3 and this problem occurred. I upgraded to the most recent one ad it is still doing it. I tried to play the game in compatibility mode (Win 95) since even on the disc it reads "Riven for Windows 95"

argh.

BrianStoiber

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Joliet, IL
Unfortunately, it is a Windows only DVD and the Mac version works on OS 9 but not OSX. I have already looked into that. Unfortuately, the Classic environment doesn't work on OSX either. So either way, I am kind of screwed. I am also not going to go out of my way to find a copy of Tiger, repartition my hard drive, then dual boot it.

Again...Argh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.