Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porknight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Hi when i go around i use the original earphone by apple but when i stay home i like to enjoy an higher quality so i change earphone . I heard that is bad for the jack of the ipod ? is it true ?

brop52

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2007
Michigan
I'm sure you could damage the jack if you are careless in how you remove it. Remove it near the place where it connects and pull straight out. Pulling on an angle could damage it.

porknight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
15_1_sbl.JPG

This is a great idea . have a jack that act like a secondary jack adaptor so the original one don't get damaged

Moocher

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
NE Atlanta area
Don't worry about changing headphones, life is too short. The wear shouldn't be too significant. They pleasure of having the right headphone for the right task is immense.

Mooch

brop52

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2007
Michigan
Don't worry about changing headphones, life is too short. The wear shouldn't be too significant. They pleasure of having the right headphone for the right task is immense.

Mooch

Yeah I agree with this. It is just an iPod. By the time the jack is damaged the battery would be dead anyway. By that point it is time to get a new iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.