Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

springerj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2004
Portland, OR
There's an absolutely terrific firefox plugin called "FireShot". it lets you capture a screen shot AND add notation too it. It make creating documentation of a web site so quick and easy! But it's only available for Windows.

The author posted this at his site http://screenshot-program.com/
Well, I'm looking for recruits to rewrite the code on QT to get a X-platform code working at MAC, PC and other platforms

It would sure be great if someone from the mac community could help get this terrific add on available on the mac.

dantherevelator

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
Aside from the firefox integration, what does this do that Skitch, LittleSnapper, or, for that matter, command-shift-4 + Preview don't? Seems like a fairly crowded market to me.

springerj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2004
Portland, OR
It lets you annotate the shots

You can draw circles around stuff on the screen shot and add notes. None of the other screen captures are much different from cmd-shft-4. Some of them can capture a whole frame, even if its bigger than the window, which is hard to do with cmd-shft-4. But no other plugin lets you add notes to the shot. It saves having to paste the graphic into another program and then do your annotations there. I just see it as a big time-saver.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
thanks op for letting me know this, I can get it for my netbook. I was using screengrab all the time, this does improves what i can do with it, nice!

as other options, sure, there are other options, it all depends if you want to spend extra $39 (for little snapper, sigh, mac people are really rich I guess), install an extra app with need its own internet connection and works through a web service (for skitch) or just couldn't do the job at all (preview).

High quality free stuff always has market.

fireshot_editor.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.