Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nhaque

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Hi all
I've finally decide to get the air instead of the pro for light traveling. I would like however to do some photoshop work while going outside, would Rev A with coolbook be enough? I could get the B but for would prefer to get A since with the savings I can get new glass for my camera :p

InTheUnion

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
Hi all
I've finally decide to get the air instead of the pro for light traveling. I would like however to do some photoshop work while going outside, would Rev A with coolbook be enough? I could get the B but for would prefer to get A since with the savings I can get new glass for my camera :p

You should probably consider the fact that the 9400m graphics are about 5 times more powerful (If I remember correctly). It depends how heavily you're using photoshop really.

EDIT: 4 times faster. I was thinking of the MacBook

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Well, you could buy a rev B MBA refurbished for $1549 which is a $250 discount. Looking at the xBench.com marks, even the lowest rev B MBA with 1.6 and HDD performs better than the original 1.8 with SSD.

You do get much better graphics capabilities and the CPU is a lot nicer in the rev B. Also get better memory and a SATA drive controller. In addition, the rev B uses the Mini Display Port allowing use with up to 30" ACD.

I personally know my original MBA was very limited. I would not have wanted to do anything intensive on it, as basic tasks were problematic enough. At the same time, the rev B is a very capable computer.

Maybe Cool Book will help the original, but the rev B is a sure bet.

Good luck whichever Mac you go with.

nhaque

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Well but if Rev.A is fine for some light photoshoping then I think I'll probably get it, time to get new glass :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.