Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Super Intendo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
I had a thread going here a while back about getting into graphic design and i've had a wonderful opportunity find me.

The problem is, I'm not sure if I'm ready for it. I think with some help, I can be though, and thats where this post comes in.

My house is being remodeled right now and the lead contractor has become a good friend of my family, he's impressed by some of the art i've done and has an extremely dated website. He's asked me to revamp it and make it something he can be proud to put on his business card.

He's using Go Daddy for hosting and their "website tonight" creation tools. He suggested I use those, but after realizing just how limited they are i decided iWeb would be better (although i've never really used it till now)

Here's what i have so far:
http://www.colorhouseproperties.com - Coming Soon page (easy and automatic)

bg_p4k9.jpg
- basic [digital] sketch-up of what i want the logo to be... i think

Here's what i need:
-Help creating a more refined logo (obviously i'll be using a font instead of sketched letters
-Advice on how to make iWeb pages look good
-How to import pages from iWeb into Website Tonight and / or just use them through GoDaddy

I think that covers it. I'm still new to all this, so go easy on me ;)

EDIT: By the way, his style is a very personalized one. As a contractor, he brings in people he thinks are suited to your remodeling job, painters, carpenters, interior decorators, etc. So the logo doesn't need to be industrial, or cold, but i feel that what i have currently may be a little too 'kiddish'

GoDaddyGuy

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2009
-How to import pages from iWeb into Website Tonight and / or just use them through GoDaddy

To do that, you should use a standard shared hosting plan which offers the full FTP access needed to publish with iWeb. With Website Tonight you can't actually import your pages.

Super Intendo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
To do that, you should use a standard shared hosting plan which offers the full FTP access needed to publish with iWeb. With Website Tonight you can't actually import your pages.

I think he has that in addition.

I hope.

Little HZ

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2008
New Mexico
I have an iWeb site that is forwarded to a domain I got through GoDaddy. Even though is is EASY to set that up, I couldn't get it right :)rolleyes:), but one five-minute call to GoDaddy, and it was taken care of. I am VERY new to the world of websites, so only have been dealing w/ GoDaddy for a month. So far I'm very happy with them for my elementary needs. Would like to hear more on why they "suck" and who is better, and why ...:confused: Thanks in advance for any insights!

(iWeb is GREAT for my needs. Easy to set up and personalize, and easy to update.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.