PDA

View Full Version : Free Ice Cream and Free iTunes

Nny
Apr 21, 2004, 06:59 AM
http://news.com.com/2009-1014_3-5103813.html?tag=nefd.top

--Free ice cream and a free song on iTunes for voting from Ben & Jerry's (yummy)

Only problem is, C-net says it is "April 26th" (which is a Monday), and Ben & Jerry's website says "Tuesday, April 29th" (which is, in reality, a Thursday) and mentions nothing about the free music, just the free ice cream. Hopefully one of the two sites will be updated soon with the correct date(s).

pyrotoaster
Apr 21, 2004, 07:50 AM
Too bad the Ben & Jerry's coming to my town hasn't opened yet. :(
And too bad I can't register to vote. :(

Actually, those kinda cancel each other out, don't they? ;)

It's really a cool idea, though. Let's get more people voting with incentives that really work: ice cream and free music! Sorry "Reggie" (the Republican party's registration bus), this is just way better.

baby duck monge
Apr 21, 2004, 11:42 AM
i could really deal with some free ice cream and a free download. too bad i'm already registered...

wdlove
Apr 21, 2004, 02:45 PM
i could really deal with some free ice cream and a free download. too bad I'm already registered...

I'm already registered too, have been so for over 15 years in Boston.

"Ben & Jerry's to give voters iTunes
As part of its annual "Free Cone Day," Ben & Jerry's is giving away up to 50,000 free songs from Apple Computer's iTunes Music Store. In conjunction with Rock the Vote, the ice cream maker plans to give those who take an online "oath to vote" on Ben & Jerry's Web site one free iTunes song.

The iTunes promotion starts April 26 and runs until the 50,000 songs are given out. Those who complete the online oath could also win an iPod. For those more interested in the cone than the tunes, the free-scoop offer runs from noon until 8 p.m. on April 27.
April 20, 2004"*

According to the news release it sounds as though its not connected to registering, but taking an oath to vote. If a person is willing to make an effort such as that, then they are very likely to vote. I made a phone call to a local store, had no knowledge of the iTunes promotion. Sounds like I will have to wait for update information.

MongoTheGeek
Apr 21, 2004, 03:26 PM
It's really a cool idea, though. Let's get more people voting with incentives that really work: ice cream and free music! Sorry "Reggie" (the Republican party's registration bus), this is just way better.

The free ice cream day is the day of the primary here. I'll vote, go get ice cream and promise to vote in the general, and I'll vote for W.

MacFan25
Apr 21, 2004, 04:52 PM
This is a great promo and more discussion of this can be found here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68622) . :)