PDA

View Full Version : Intelliegent Cat's Eyes

iGav
Apr 21, 2004, 09:11 AM
These are cool... I remember from a few years ago, smart Cats Eyes that changed colour depending on road temp and warn drivers if black ice was about.

But if they can sense different driving conditions then that'd be a good thing as the standard Cats Eyes are brilliantly bright when new, but soon lose that vital brightness.

I'm also not completely against them being used as Speed Cameras, certain roads and accident blackspots could certainly use them, but they shouldn't just be deployed as random money earners like the current crop of Gatso cameras etc etc, they need to be deployed in known trouble spots etc etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3645359.stm

wdlove
Apr 21, 2004, 02:20 PM
It is important that we are always on guard of "Big Government." I think that the use of the "Cat Eyes" would be a great asset for public safety. Warning of upcoming safety hazards are needed, black ice would be awesome for us in New England.

Blackstealth
Apr 22, 2004, 01:49 PM
So they're finally getting round to installing these somewhere eh? Well I'll be up that way for the bank holiday weekend so I'll see if it's possible to distinguish them from the regular variety.

My only concern about them is would people pay any attention to them? Most people seem to ignore the matrix signs on the motorway (and the rest of the traffic at times) so why bother scouring the road for cateyes warning of impending doom?