PDA

View Full Version : Trooper: Boys' 'joke' isn't funny

wdlove
Apr 21, 2004, 11:53 AM
Two rural Alaska boys placed mud in the fuel lines of Alaska State Troopers aircraft and allowed them to fly off, which could have endangered the lives of the officers, according to a troopers investigation.

St. Marys trooper Eric Spitzer recommended the 13- and 14-year-old Emmonak boys who admitted the sabotage last summer be taken into custody and charged with burglary, criminal mischief and assault on a police officer.

"I think there needs to be a message sent that this is unacceptable," he said.

http://adn.com/alaska/story/4975508p-4903526c.html

gwuMACaddict
Apr 21, 2004, 12:08 PM
yeah, thats a little ridiculous... :confused:

Counterfit
Apr 21, 2004, 12:21 PM
STUPID STUPID STUPID PEOPLE! :mad:

Now if it were a car... ;)

Koodauw
Apr 21, 2004, 01:09 PM
Thank goodness no one was hurt or killed. Bad idea kids, very bad. Where do they come up with things like this?

Krizoitz
Apr 21, 2004, 01:21 PM
Thank goodness no one was hurt or killed. Bad idea kids, very bad. Where do they come up with things like this?

Blame Canada! :D

baby duck monge
Apr 21, 2004, 01:30 PM
that is pretty scary. did they not realize they could have killed some people?

wdlove
Apr 21, 2004, 01:58 PM
I agree that they made a very studpid mistake. It is unacceptabe behavior in a legal society. They are very lucky that nothing adversed happened! :eek:

mactastic
Apr 21, 2004, 02:15 PM
Sounds like terrorism to me.

musicpyrite
Apr 21, 2004, 03:21 PM
Sounds like terrorism to me.

Now people are going to start using the word terrorism, like Slim Shady used 'gay.' I woldn't exactly call thins terrorism, more like stupidity.

idkew
Apr 21, 2004, 03:41 PM
Now people are going to start using the word terrorism, like Slim Shady used 'gay.' I woldn't exactly call thins terrorism, more like stupidity.

you don't "know" mactastic do you?

mactastic
Apr 21, 2004, 03:42 PM
you don't "know" mactastic do you?

In the biblical sense??? :eek:

Relax though, I was just pointing out that if we wanted to we could probably charge these kids with terrorism these days. Not that I think they should, just that they could. Heck, half the people here were calling the guy who torched SUVs a terrorist.

idkew
Apr 21, 2004, 03:46 PM
In the biblical sense??? :eek:

Relax though, I was just pointing out that if we wanted to we could probably charge these kids with terrorism these days. Not that I think they should, just that they could. Heck, half the people here were calling the guy who torched SUVs a terrorist.

yes, in the biblical sense ;) lol!

i am not mad or anything, i just have come to expect the radical from you. not that you hold these views necessarily, you just can see that side easily.

Apple Hobo
Apr 21, 2004, 03:57 PM
Both boys also urinated into an officer's water bottles in one of the airplanes. The officer drank the fluid, became "violently sick" and feared he had contracted an infectious disease, Spitzer said.

:rolleyes: Stupid kids...

mactastic
Apr 21, 2004, 03:59 PM
i just have come to expect the radical from you. not that you hold these views necessarily, you just can see that side easily.

Ha, if you think I'm a radical you haven't met one yet. To quote Skunk "Far left is Trotsky, not FOX News."

virividox
Apr 21, 2004, 04:48 PM
some kids dont know when its too far

MacFan25
Apr 21, 2004, 04:48 PM
What were they thinking when they did this? How on earth could anyone think this would be funny? :rolleyes:

At least no one was hurt. Hopefully the kids will learn a lesson from this.

keysersoze
Apr 21, 2004, 05:34 PM
Stupid children.

:mad:

Koodauw
Apr 21, 2004, 08:01 PM
It is unacceptabe behavior in a legal society.

What is a legal society?

rainman::|:|
Apr 21, 2004, 09:13 PM
What is a legal society?

a society that has a valid greencard?

a society without any warrants?

this one just seems retarded. but not surprising from kids. sounds like something i would have done, albeit much younger. give em a good scare, i don't think jail time is in order here. probation to make it sting.

paul

Counterfit
Apr 21, 2004, 10:10 PM
I think it's a society with laws, but I'm not sure.

And when is someone going to fix the title? :confused:

Mr. Anderson
Apr 21, 2004, 10:19 PM
No respect for authority - sad. I'd imagine they don't really even know how bad it could have been.

The judge should make them do some sort of service to the state to make up for it. Something that would be particularly difficult :D

D

Chappers
Apr 22, 2004, 08:46 AM
They can probably get a job in the military next.

Training goes as follows -

"See those tanks down there with bright orange crosses on, well they're our allies - don't shoot them". Or "These Patriot missiles are ok at shooting down things except allies, which they're very good at shooting down so be careful".

rueyeet
Apr 22, 2004, 11:21 AM
Pranks are all very well and good, but I'm a firm believer that anything that messes with someone's life, their safety, their family, the roof over their head, or their permanent reputation is criminal.

Or, as Rule for Life #1 states: No Permanent Damage.

markjones05
Apr 22, 2004, 11:38 AM
thats attempted murder.

pre meditated too

idkew
Apr 22, 2004, 12:43 PM
thats attempted murder.

pre meditated too

more like manslaughter. i am sure the kids never thought that death was in the equation. at least i hope they didn't, if they did, cane 'em.

make them clean bear $h*t. make them wear an I for idiot around their neck. teach them a lesson.

rainman::|:|
Apr 22, 2004, 06:34 PM
thats attempted murder.

pre meditated too

is it now? can you show intent? motive? manslaughter it is, automatically, because the death occured accidentally but as a result of a felony. that's only if the death actually occurred. i'm not even sure there is an attempted manslaughter charge, more like reckless endangerment with disregard to human life. So, attempted murder just became reckless endangerment. The common expression for that among children is "kids will be kids".

i still say probation would handle it, if there are no priors. if the kids have a history of being out of control, probation with community service.

paul