Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desiringGod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
I am new to sound. I just started mixing the sound at our church on an Allen and Heath 16 channel mix wizard.

Someone gave me a Lexicon Omega.

I want to take the some of them and start to practice on doing more than just adjusting the volume for each channel without messing up the EQ on the board at the church.

Right now the line outs for each channel are going to the Avion (In-ear monitor system).

How can I get some of the individual channels from the mixer to the Omega to my mac so that I can practice playing around with more than just volume?

coday182

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2006
Jamestown, IN
you could use garageband as your app, but as far as hardware goes you are going to need an external soundcard with multiple inputs. Think of it like this... your mac has a single input, which is the jack right next to the earphone jack where you would plug say a microphone in. But lets say that your band you're recording has drums, bass, guitar, singer, choir. That's 5 different channels you would need to record individually. So if you recorded those with the mac's input you would get all 5 signals combined down to one single signal which isn't what you want to practice with. You would have to get a sound card that has 5 inputs and make 5 tracks in garageband, then set each track to record from a different input on the sound card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.