PDA

View Full Version : Raising an Apps price

tljff9
Apr 14, 2009, 04:58 PM
Has anyone done this and how did it work out? I dropped my Apps price to $0.99 after it's initial release. Now I'm going to add some functionality and I will be raising the price by $1.

How does this work for people who already purchased the app at $0.99? Will they have to pay only a $1 to upgrade or the full $1.99 price?

dejo
Apr 14, 2009, 05:03 PM
How does this work for people who already purchased the app at $0.99? Will they have to pay only a $1 to upgrade or the full $1.99 price?
Upgrades are always free.

Apr 14, 2009, 05:20 PM
Upgrades are always free.

Yep, only new customers will pay your raised price.

JWBlue
Apr 14, 2009, 07:58 PM
Your absolute # of sales will probably go down, but your total revenue may be higher. Impossible to tell until you actually raise the price. Your App Store ranking will most likely go down due to fewer sales. It may matter for some if being on a list gets them eyeballs, but if you're already off all the lists then it doesn't matter if your ranking goes from 500 to 550.

caveman_uk
Apr 15, 2009, 02:26 AM
Your absolute # of sales will probably go down, but your total revenue may be higher.
The trick is pricing your app to make the maximum revenue. So what if your app costs five times more than your competitor? If he only sells twice as many as you you're still better off.