Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I've been searching recently for some plain and simple clear hard plastic cases for my iPhone 3G. I came across a couple at Amazon that I am interested in:

TRANSPARENT CLEAR SNAP-ON COVER HARD CASE PROTECTOR for APPLE IPHONE 3G = $1.15
41cINJc66TL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

- and -

Crystal Clear Transparent Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell Phone Protector for Apple iPhone 3G 2nd Gen Generation Comes with Optional Belt Clip = $2.01
41owigJrgpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Does anyone know of any other good ones? I'm looking for one that covers the front earphone area (not the actual earphone, just the area around it) as well as the home button area. Some that I've found don't cover the front at all.

hamsup1o

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2008
Check out the Griffin iClear. I think it's one of the cleaner looking clear cases out there. Note that the back piece is not completely clear. It has a frosted semi transparent back.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
It's nice, but I want a little more protection in the front. Notice how the two I posted in my first post covered around the home button and the earphone area.

CBR900RR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2008
Middle of Pacific
You should be more concern about the case poorly made and scratch up you iphone. I am not only talking about the $2 case from amazon, but some well known brand that people report over here.

AdrianoCardillo

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2009
Case

I actually really don't like when the case covers part of the screen, like the pics above. My favorite thing about the iPhone is the huge screen it has and I don't want to cover that up with a cover...I like the hard covers that just cover around the phone...

AGIPSY

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Check out the Griffin iClear. I think it's one of the cleaner looking clear cases out there. Note that the back piece is not completely clear. It has a frosted semi transparent back.

I just got an iClear last week and it actually sucks. the openings at both the top and bottom let in a TON of dust and specks of stuff, and since it's clear, you can see it right through the case. I kept cleaning it out multiple times a day, but it STILL managed to make little scratches on my phone. really annoying.

also, my friend dropped my phone and the case just split, throwing my phone into the air. I'm calling griffin first thing monday to complain, it really is a low quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.