Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josepho

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Surrey, England
Hiya, I'm sending back my 800Mhz iBook which I got last Thursday, since I was thankfully within my 10 days when they brought out the new machines. I'm not trying to decide between iBook and PowerBook, since the price of the latter is much more attractive now.

I know I shouldn't base my decision on this, but humour me. If I were to order a stock 12" PB would it arrive here much quicker than a BTO iBook (60GB, BT, AE)? My last iBook came from Taiwan and took nearly 2 weeks. Do they perhaps store the PBs somewhere in Europe (well, I'm in the UK)? Perhaps if they stored them in their HQ in Ireland, or in the Netherlands? If so, I'd guess it would come much quicker. This would sway me a little more over to the PB which is becoming more attractive every day.

Cheers!

Jim_N_Tonik

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2004
I purchased my iBook online Monday Morning, 9:14am PST -- it was a BTO 12" with 768MB RAM, 60GB HD, AE -- it shipped last night, should arrive here (near Toronto) around Tuesday.

Sounds like the turnaround isn't too bad.

josepho

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Surrey, England
Jim_N_Tonik said:
I purchased my iBook online Monday Morning, 9:14am PST -- it was a BTO 12" with 768MB RAM, 60GB HD, AE -- it shipped last night, should arrive here (near Toronto) around Tuesday.

Sounds like the turnaround isn't too bad.

The main problem last time was the time it took to get here after leaving Taiwan. If they shipped from within Europe then it would come significantly more quickly. Nice to hear they're processing new ones quickly though.

Cheers!

invaLPsion

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2004
The Northlands
I hope they beging shipping the 17 inch powerbooks soon. I got mine BTO. (Honestly, who didn't get the extra video ram and faster hard drive?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.