PDA

View Full Version : superdrive data burning problems

mnstr_trd_sd
Apr 22, 2004, 12:55 PM
hello, can ayone help me with this?

i am trying to burn a data disk(small file size) with my superdrive on to a regular 700mb cd-r.

it will burn disk but when it comes time to finish and verify, it will stop and tell me it can't burn unexpected error code 6 and sometimes code 3.

i never had this problem before until now and i've hade this powermac for years.

it burns music cd's out of iTune just fine though.

any help is greatly appreciated.

live4ever
Apr 22, 2004, 01:35 PM
Need more input.
OS/Application(finder-diskutility-toast)/CD-R brand - etc.

mnstr_trd_sd
Apr 22, 2004, 07:04 PM
Need more input.
OS/Application(finder-diskutility-toast)/CD-R brand - etc.

Thanks,

I'm running 10.2.8 jaguar tried burning data disks on both finder and toast. the cd-r brand is tdk.

i already tried burning by creating a new user and burning logged in as admin and root.

then i did an archive and install but that didn't help either.

live4ever
Apr 22, 2004, 10:43 PM
What about some other media (DVD-R/W or CD-RW), or another brand? Did you try different files and different sizes CDs (say 100mb on a CD)? What about burning as a Disk Image from the finder or toast?

Sounds like it might be a media problem (most likely if the CD-Rs were off a spindle), or maybe a hardware problem if no type of disk will burn.

mnstr_trd_sd
Apr 23, 2004, 02:32 AM
i was playing with it and all of a sudden it started to burn again (after i wasted 15 disks testing). thanks for your input though. it was probably some bug. could it be because of a dirty laser lens? i don't know at least its working right on time. thank you for all the help. :D