Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnstr_trd_sd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
san diego, ca.
hello, can ayone help me with this?

i am trying to burn a data disk(small file size) with my superdrive on to a regular 700mb cd-r.

it will burn disk but when it comes time to finish and verify, it will stop and tell me it can't burn unexpected error code 6 and sometimes code 3.

i never had this problem before until now and i've hade this powermac for years.

it burns music cd's out of iTune just fine though.

any help is greatly appreciated.

mnstr_trd_sd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
san diego, ca.
live4ever said:
Need more input.
OS/Application(finder-diskutility-toast)/CD-R brand - etc.

Thanks,

I'm running 10.2.8 jaguar tried burning data disks on both finder and toast. the cd-r brand is tdk.

i already tried burning by creating a new user and burning logged in as admin and root.

then i did an archive and install but that didn't help either.

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
What about some other media (DVD-R/W or CD-RW), or another brand? Did you try different files and different sizes CDs (say 100mb on a CD)? What about burning as a Disk Image from the finder or toast?

Sounds like it might be a media problem (most likely if the CD-Rs were off a spindle), or maybe a hardware problem if no type of disk will burn.

mnstr_trd_sd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
san diego, ca.
i was playing with it and all of a sudden it started to burn again (after i wasted 15 disks testing). thanks for your input though. it was probably some bug. could it be because of a dirty laser lens? i don't know at least its working right on time. thank you for all the help. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.