View Full Version : Steve Jobs - TIME 100

Grimace
Apr 22, 2004, 01:13 PM
Go STEVE!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/04/16/jobs/

virividox
Apr 22, 2004, 01:53 PM
Go stevie hehe!!!

but i hope that when he leaves apple someone will be able to be a driving force like he has

g30ffr3y
Apr 22, 2004, 02:59 PM
Go stevie hehe!!!

but i hope that when he leaves apple someone will be able to be a driving force like he has

way to go steve... but once he goes [maybe when he's 100, right?!?!] apple is going to have a hell of a time replacing him...

wdlove
Apr 22, 2004, 08:59 PM
Congratulations to Steve Jobs, long may he reign. We won't have to worry about the next CEO for a couple of decades. I have faith that someone is being groomed in his footsteps.

PlaceofDis
Apr 22, 2004, 11:38 PM
i give the man credit for what he has done for the company....

question fear
Apr 23, 2004, 11:11 AM
i fear when jobs leaves apple-has anyone read "good to great" by jim collins? its all about how companies have sustained growth, and what type of worker from the ceo down leads them there.
in almost every case he uses, a charismatic ceo who leads the company on his enthusiasm is unable to appoint a proper successor and the company fails. i don't have the book in front of me but i can dig up the examples later.
this isnt to say this will happen to apple, but with that sort of investment in one person, they need to start pushing for someone new to take the reins someday before they lose their direction.

MacRAND
Apr 23, 2004, 07:44 PM
i fear when jobs leaves apple-has anyone read "good to great" by jim collins? its all about how companies have sustained growth, and what type of worker from the ceo down leads them there.
in almost every case he uses, a charismatic ceo who leads the company on his enthusiasm is unable to appoint a proper successor and the company fails. i don't have the book in front of me but i can dig up the examples later.
this isnt to say this will happen to apple, but with that sort of investment in one person, they need to start pushing for someone new to take the reins someday before they lose their direction.Maybe Steve can get his MacBuddy Donald Trump to give him an apprentice.

Sparky's
Apr 23, 2004, 07:48 PM
We did this already

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=68479&highlight=steve+jobs+Time+100

but it's still cool :D