Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I suppose the first question's answer may fix the second question, but here we go.

First of all, I think there may be something wrong with my drivers. I just got the new MacBook (White) yesterday and installed XP on it as I had my previous White MacBook (GMA 950 model, to give you an idea) I still had the Leopard discs from when I bought it, but I didn't get to keep the discs with this computer (School gave me the computer, took the discs)

Is it possible that even after an update using Apple's Software Update and everything that I still have bad copies of drivers on there? Is there anywhere to download the latest version of them? I'm going to try to repair them in a minute to see if that fixes it... If not I'm not sure what to do. Everything seems choppy right now.

Second, my wifi isn't selectable in my network connections, so I assume it's the drivers. If there's a place to download those, that would be awesome, so I guess I'll keep hunting.

(p.s. I'm loving this new computer so far:D)

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
I know this doesn't answer your question, but why aren't you using the leopard install disc that came with the new macbook?

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I know this doesn't answer your question, but why aren't you using the leopard install disc that came with the new macbook?
Because I don't have it, never did.

We get a laptop when we come to school here, but they keep the discs themselves. I only have the Leopard discs from when I bought it very soon after it's release.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
You could search out less scrupulous ways if you're that desperate. First I would go to your school IT dept and just ask and tell them what you need it for.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I went to tech support and the guy was cool. He just gave me the discs I needed. I just can't tell the higher ups about it. ;)

However, even after the repair a lot of it is still choppy and there is still no wifi. Hm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.