Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 20, 2002
First, let me apologize for yelling.

But I'm so excited I can hardly sit still! My Dual 1.25 MDD Powermac kicked the bucket about two months ago. I was without Applecare, thus leaving me high and dry with no machine to work on.

Well, I just bought myself a Dual 1.8 G5. I am so pumped I can hardly sit still. It should be here this time next week, now pray with me that it survives the trip!

I can't wait to get her in here and join up with the Macrumors folding team ad make my contribution.

I just had to tell somebody, and who else but the folks around here?

:D

Frohickey

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2003
PRK
Mike Teezie said:
Well, I just bought myself a Dual 1.8 G5. I am so pumped I can hardly sit still. It should be here this time next week, now pray with me that it survives the trip!

A lot of people are gonna love you. Because you bought a new Dual 1.8 G5 and its going to be there in 1 week, Apple is certain to ship the updates to the G5 in a week. ;)

Think of it as operating under the same principle as washing your car, and rain. :D

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 20, 2002
Frohickey said:
A lot of people are gonna love you. Because you bought a new Dual 1.8 G5 and its going to be there in 1 week, Apple is certain to ship the updates to the G5 in a week. ;)

Think of it as operating under the same principle as washing your car, and rain. :D

I'm sure you're right, it always happens.

Ah...I really dont think I would be too worried if Apple did release new Powermacs next week. Right when I bought my Powerbook, Apple dropped the 17 inchers, which I would have gotten.

I was disapointed, but oh well.

Its gonna be a long week.

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
I've never heard of someone so happy that their computer died... but atleast you get a cool new dual G5 to play with. Good luck with that... and enjoy your computer.

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
I allso have a new G5 ;-)

its nice! and even if they come out with an update next week, I would not worry...

if you buy one at apple here in belgium it takes 1month to be delivered... I got mine from another reseller and it was here in 8 days ;-)

I need it for my work and since my powerbook got stolen I needed a new computer, and FAST, so I couldn't wait for any updates wich probably will take another month at the rate mac makes revisions... since they have new iPods their computers stay behind on track... hmm weren't they making computers and iPods as extra's??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.