Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaldama

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Osaka,Japan
Guys I just ordered a Macbook from the Apple online store. I got the 2.4GHz version. I`ve already watched some videos on youtube but still What are the first things i should do with it it? It will arrive this Tuesday.

iNash

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2009
Hanslope, UK
Guys I just ordered a Macbook from the Apple online store. I got the 2.4GHz version. I`ve already watched some videos on youtube but still What are the first things i should do with it it? It will arrive this Tuesday.

Switch it on, edit a movie and experience how easy and fun it is ;)

Also: have a play around in the 'System Preferences' to get everything just the way you like it, there are thousands of customizable options to make the whole experience more personal to you.

Oh and of course - celebrate :D - Congrats!

(If you have any specific questions there are a whole host of people here who might know a little bit about using a Mac) - ;) :D

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Congratulations my friend! When it arrives, you will experience one of the bet feelings a man can feel.... The feeling of INEXPLICABLE POWER!

iNash

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2009
Hanslope, UK
thanks man. i already feel that the macbook community is much nicer than the pc one :)

There is much love in these forums here.

I used to be a member of a PC forum but it kept getting frustrating having to log in every time my computer cras... ;)

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
Contemplate the thought of not having to re-start because of a crash and loosing an hour's work because your back up failed and you didn't know about it.

Just rest in the knowledge that life is about to get better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.