Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sockpuppet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
I'm trying to install Windows Vista Home Premium using Boot Camp on my MacBook Pro 15". I partition the Mac HD and I gave myself plenty of space on the Windows partition (52 GB) because I want to install large games on it.

When it comes to installing Vista I insert the DVD and click 'start installation'. It looks like it's going to work for a few seconds then it says that it can't recognize the DVD and the disc just ejects itself.

I tried to partition the HD then restart and hold down the 'C' key to boot from the DVD. The same thing happened, the disc just ejects itself...

Can someone please help me get Vista installed? Will I have the same problems trying to install XP because if not then I will just install that. I would prefer Vista because of the DX10 compatibility for Crysis.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
Are you using a Microsoft branded DVD? This issue typically appears when you use a copied DVD.

sockpuppet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
photo5u.jpg

Here is picture of the DVD. Sorry about it being mirrored, I took it with photo booth. As you can see it is the full Windows Vista.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.