PDA

View Full Version : Spearkers for iBook

iBunny
Apr 22, 2004, 06:32 PM
I want to get a new iBook but am unsure what spearkers i should get. I already have good headphones, but when the iBook is at my desk, i want it to be hooked up to speakers... anygood ones out there that i can hook up to it made by apple?

Thanks

7on
Apr 22, 2004, 06:42 PM
meh, I use Antecs from WalMart.

RBMaraman
Apr 22, 2004, 06:50 PM
I use the JBL Creature speakers.

Apple doesn't make any speakers except the Pro Speakers that come with desktops. To use those with an iBook or a PB, you need an adaptor from Griffin Technologies. Personally, I don't think the Pro Speakers are good at all.

slipper
Apr 22, 2004, 07:16 PM
any speaker would be better than the built in speakers.

ebay has lots of cheap but good sounding stuff. i have an Altec lansing set. i forgot what model i have but it consist of one sub and two mid/high speakers with two tweeters and one 3" mid underneath. last time i checked you could buy them from ebay for $40 which is a hell of a deal!

senseibiz
Apr 22, 2004, 08:02 PM
I have the soundsticks and subwoofer. I used to hook it up with my ibook and it sounds great..

JOD8FY
Apr 22, 2004, 08:25 PM
I'd go with the JBL Creature Speakers also. I don't have them, but I plan on getting them soon because I hear they are so good. You can find a great deal at newegg.com. Just do a search for "JBL Creature Speakers".

They have them in grey, silver and white (and now I hear blue, but newegg doesn't carry them). I'm going to get the silver to match my PB, but you might want to get the white ones to match your iBook.

If you want to read some reviews, go to amazon.com and in the search bar type in: "JBL Creature Speakers". Select a color and scroll down to read the reviews. There were over 60 for the silver ones.

Hope this helps,
JOD8FY

PlaceofDis
Apr 22, 2004, 09:20 PM
the Altec Lansing ATP3's are your best bang for you buck i would say, look around the site, there have been a couple of other threads on this topic already, but i have the ATP3s and they are outstanding for thier price.

jwp1964
Apr 22, 2004, 09:51 PM
I use Apple Pro speakers. They look great and sound very good for a speaker of this size. I did have to buy the iFire adaptor to mak e it work, but I love this set-up.
:cool: