Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrissie73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
I'm having big trouble with my Ipod Touch 8GB.
Sometimes when I played the games (mainly bejewelled 2) every single time after download the game the screen went blank and back to main frame. It bothered me as if never happen before! and sometime when I kept a note in note pad or calendar during the process it goes back again to main frame! (which then I have to retype every single word all over again) why is that keep happening??:eek:

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
From your description the apps are unexpectedly closing. This can sometimes happen if the unit is running low on memory (different from storage). You can either reset the iPod or download a range of apps to perform memory cleanup to try to fix this. I doubt you'll need to go as far as restoring the iPod.

As usual, make sure you're running the latest version of iPod software and the apps you are running have been updated.

pilotrtc

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
You can either reset the iPod....

By "reset", do you mean "restart"? I have heard the iPod can get a little confused after installing new software and that a restart clears it right up. I see instructions here and there in application's descriptions in the app store that recommend restarting after installing.

(To restart, hold down the button at the top until the swipey thing appears. Then swipe the swipey, wait a few seconds, and then hold down the button at the top until the Apple logo appears.)

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
I think reset/restart are the same operations. They both reboot the iPod/iPhone. To reset you hold down the power and home buttons simultaneously until you see the Apple logo, which takes maybe about 5-10 seconds. Restarting is holding down on the power button, swiping, then powering it back up. Both have the device forget the 'Now Playing' track in iTunes as well as clearing up the memory allocation that may have been distributed to other applications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.