Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navanod

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
From the pictures it looks nice, but I wanted to know if any of you have it. I was thinking of buying the Black one. TIA.

navanod

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
I'm more curious to see how it looks from the inside... is there tabs that hold it in place? Does anyone have pictures?

nph

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2005
I read a lot about it getting hot inside the case. Have you noticed that?

dudeitsjay

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
I read a lot about it getting hot inside the case. Have you noticed that?

Yea I have the specks case and the reason I don't use it is exactly because of that. The vents line up but there is about 3-5mm of space created by the plastic to the aluminum, which allows for some whirlpooling action... traps hot air and gets things pretty hot. Besides, it doubles the weight and almost doubles the thickness as well. I stuck with the $10 adhesive covering from amazon for the scratches, a sleeve for when I place it in my briefcase, and am just being extremely careful not to drop it...again.

justit

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
Curious if anyone has tried removing the MBA's bottom casing to then use the hardcase bottom? Would it run cooler because of more ventilation?

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2008
I have the "smoky" one from when they had that sale a while back, it was posted here.

I only ended up using it once. you can have mine for $25 shipped if you'd like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.