PDA

View Full Version : Hey, latergator, Apple is trying to find a place for your store!

Sayhey
Apr 23, 2004, 11:07 AM
latergator and all those mac fans in the Providence, Rhode Island metro area will be interested in these remarks by Apple VP Ron Johnson posted on ifoAppleStore (http://www.ifoapplestore.com/).

Sr. V-P Retail Ron Johnson accepted an Award of Excellent on behalf of Apple at the annual conference of The Center for Design and Business in Providence (RI), and also gave a 40-minute talk to an audience of 500 about Apple's retailing strategy and philosophy that revealed some additional details about the store's creation and future....

He said the company had been trying to find a suitable space within the Providence Center mall for over a year, but so far no suitable spaces have opened up. He said Apple will eventually locate a store in Providence. emphasis added

latergator116
Apr 23, 2004, 02:37 PM
I just read ifoapplestore's little story!!! I can't beleive it! I thought they would tottaly skip this city.

Hmmm... they said they can't find a space just yet. :(

If they put one right next to borders, I can sit in the cafe and surf the internet wirelessly. :D

Edit: I just found out my step-dad was there photographing the confrence for the local newspaper (Providence Journal).

Sayhey
Apr 23, 2004, 03:48 PM
I just read ifoapplestore's little story!!! I can't beleive it! I thought they would tottaly skip this city.

Hmmm... they said they can't find a space just yet. :(

If they put one right next to borders, I can sit in the cafe and surf the internet wirelessly. :D

Edit: I just found out my step-dad was there photographing the confrence for the local newspaper (Providence Journal).

Sooo... if you pick out a good spot in the mall that would be great for an Apple store, there must be many reasons to organize a community boycott of the current tenants, right? ;) Who's got the space next to Borders now?

latergator116
Apr 23, 2004, 03:59 PM
Brilliant idea! Lets see... next to Borders we have Fildelity investmenst and the cheesecake factory. Cheesecak Factory has good cheesckae, so I will spare them. Fidelity investments on the other hand, will have to go. ;)