Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appledyl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
USA
Is there anywhere that I can buy an iPod touch for cheap? I have an iPod shuffle right now but it doesn't have a screen and that kind of bugs me if I want to listen to a certain song or artist.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
What's cheap? I can get them for $229 at a lot of places ... anything cheaper is probably a scam - unless you go used, then you'll have to look at ebay.

Why not a Nano? It's cheaper.

CarlsonCustoms

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2007
I got mine from this marketplace forum. I went used though. I got a 8gb 2nd gen with a incase slider for $160.. the case alone is $30 so that's not a bad price at all.

they are on hardforum.com's marketplace frequently with 1st gen's even going cheaper.

$229 is not a good price.. they are that brand new.. you can get it cheaper refurb on apples site

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
go to craigslist.com There are a lot of people selling their ipods for real cheap. If you're lucky, you can find someone who takes very good care of theirs and are just looking for some cash or upgrading.

appledyl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
USA
My hard drive is missing space!!

My 500 GB external hard drive is filled up with 200 GB of files, (hidden and unhidden) but when I look at how much space is left it says there are only 30 GB free! I do know for a fact that my friend copied some files onto there with 'super user access', but they aren't showing up! How do I get that space back (without formatting it) soon?

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
go to craigslist.com There are a lot of people selling their ipods for real cheap. If you're lucky, you can find someone who takes very good care of theirs and are just looking for some cash or upgrading.

craigslist is ok i guess. but people think their things are worth more than they are. and some people are incredibly rude.

i.e.... was about to meet up with a guy who wanted to trade his 2.4 15" MBP for my MacBook... and he said he wanted my MacBook+500$..............................

i would add in more "...'s" but i dont feel like it.

i'd go on eBay you can't really get ripped off there... just don't let the compitition get ahold of you like it did on my dell mini 9 haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.