Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hummerdude23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
I can't decide whether to buy Asphalt 4 or Fast & Furious. Which do you think is better?

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I haven't played Fast & Furious, but asphalt is a ton of fun. It's pretty much burnout, but much better than the DS mobile version (I compared them side by side). It has takedowns, all the various modes, and a ton of courses/cars with a ton of customization. The only cons are that you can't play your own music, and the graphics are probably worst out of the leading racing games. But it's worth it for the pleasure of a successful takedown :)

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
I haven't played Fast & Furious, but asphalt is a ton of fun. It's pretty much burnout, but much better than the DS mobile version (I compared them side by side). It has takedowns, all the various modes, and a ton of courses/cars with a ton of customization. The only cons are that you can't play your own music, and the graphics are probably worst out of the leading racing games. But it's worth it for the pleasure of a successful takedown :)

Thanks for the review, I will be getting a iTunes gift card soon and really want a good racing game. What game do you think has the best graphics that is also fun? Thanks a lot in advance!

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I have also bought cro-mag rally and fastlane. Cro-mag is very well done, it's like a simple mario kart with less characters, carts, and items but still fun. The graphics are decent but not like super good.

Fastlane is the one I still play. It reminds me a lot of ridge racer, mostly because of the tehno tracks they play. It's beautiful, graphics are great and the courses are well designed. It's also very fast, with a challenging expert mode. That's mostly what I love about it, the sensation of speed it gives. So on all counts, that's the one I think is best from the three I've played.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
I've tried Ferrari GT, Asphalt 4, Cro-mag, Fastlane, Fast and Furious The Game, GTS World Racing, and Raging Thunder.

My favorite without doubt is Fastlane. Good graphics, BGM, challenging races, and at least to me it seems to feel more realistic in it's controls. The perfect drift is still challenging on hard mode. Lots of fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.