PDA

View Full Version : Naked men climb Central Park tree in protest

wdlove
Apr 23, 2004, 05:41 PM
It was more than spring fever that drove two people up a tree in Central Park Thursday.

Police rushed to the park about 4:20 p.m. after receiving several 911 calls that two people had climbed a 55-foot Larch near Wollman Rink and were trying to have sex, authorities said.

When officers arrived, the two suspects refused to come down from their perch some 40 feet up the tree, police said.

Emergency Service Unit officers deployed an airbag around the tree as an officer trained in hostage negotiations tried to coax the two back to earth.

One of the two, a 17-year-old man dressed only in a thong, said he wanted to talk to his mother, police said. The other person, 36, wearing only a shirt and described by police as a preoperative transsexual, demanded an apology from the Daily News.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/nyc-park0423,0,3496444.story?coll=ny-nynews-headlines

crenz
Apr 23, 2004, 06:00 PM
Weird. They're mad at the press writing bad articles about them, but I'm not sure what makes them believe this is the way to get better press... :)

mactastic
Apr 23, 2004, 06:07 PM
Oy veh! I'm glad I didn't have to see that!

musicpyrite
Apr 23, 2004, 06:09 PM
America, home of the free...

...and the naked. :D

mymemory
Apr 23, 2004, 08:01 PM
I was at the park that day until 3pm. :confused:

Roger1
Apr 23, 2004, 08:28 PM
I was at the park that day until 3pm. :confused:

You were under the wrong tree.

Makosuke
Apr 23, 2004, 09:24 PM
Get attention, definitely. Make a point... not so sure about that, unless their point was that they're both just nuts.

Certainly not the socially-well-adjusted image I'd want to be giving on international news if I were trying to complain that my family didn't understand me.

MrMacMan
Apr 23, 2004, 11:29 PM
*runs around*

Hey Look -- I'm crazy!

Police: Righto! *Takes you away*

Awimoway
Apr 24, 2004, 12:35 AM
Use. Drugs. Responsibly.

PickledSquirrel
Apr 24, 2004, 12:52 AM
If you're underneath a tree and something lands on your shoulder, DONT look up to see if it's bird-droppings :eek: :D

virividox
Apr 24, 2004, 02:14 AM
strange people are around us

TimDaddy
Apr 24, 2004, 03:50 AM
You were under the wrong tree.

Maybe he was under the RIGHT tree. I mean, I wouldn't want to be under them, anyway!

MacRAND
Apr 24, 2004, 06:01 AM
Maybe he was under the RIGHT tree. I mean, I wouldn't want to be under them, anyway!THINK ABOUT IT, if they really didn't do anything SEXUAL, do you suppose it's still a CHERRY TREE?
One reporter, describing the older man said he appeared to be a DOG WOOD. :confused:
Frankly, I think everyone should LEAF them alone.
Asked if they were trying to have SEX in the tree, the 17 boy said he was just fulfilling a fantasy - he'd always wanted to be a SWINGER in PUBLIC, however, the ZOO is no where near that tree.
When it was pointed out to the boy that his friend was a MALE and probably GAY, he got angry saying there was nothing wrong with him climbing a FRUIT TREE.
The boy denied trying to have sex with anyone, saying climbing any fruit tree dressed like he was is an ART, and he was just SINGING a THONG in public.
Since no one came forth to claim that the two did anything obscene in the tree, neither could be charged with a FELLOW KNEE, and as it turns out, neither MALE was charged with a MISS DEMEANOR.
Many onlookers when polled by the police said they found the boy entertaining despite his THONG, while the older man was simply a CHAMELEON that hardly anyone actually saw while up in the tree.
One witness stopped to look when he heard lots of other people saying things like, "I didn't just see that!", "Tell me I did't see anything", "Did you see that...no, me neither" and things like that.
Several people denied seeing anything in BUSH, while most were equally unsure about supporting the KERRY tree. Isn't this getting a little THREAD BARE?
THE END.

Counterfit
Apr 24, 2004, 12:47 PM
stuff arg, pun.... overload.... :D

sorryiwasdreami
Apr 24, 2004, 01:16 PM
I love hearing things like this! More Americans should feel free to be active, akin to our brothers and sisters in places like Europe, where people actually fight to be heard.

(Not that we don't in the US; we just don't enough, in this writer's opinion.)

wdlove
Apr 24, 2004, 01:57 PM
I don't really know if they had sex in the tree either, that is up to court to decide. This is America and they have a right to protest. They should remember the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr,., it should be civil disobedience. There manner of dress would not be considered civil. I also heard a report on the radio that they were taunting passerby's and throwing objects at them. That kind of action should not be tolerated from anyone.