Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-Want-Apples

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Hi All,

I'm looking for a good calendar app to use on my iPod Touch. My main purpose is to use the touch as a PDA. I've been using it with the standard calendar app for just over a week and while it is okay, it just doesn't quite do what I need. I've seen a lot of posts using the iPod Touch as a PDA and having good calendar apps, so I was just looking for some more suggestions.

Right now my main problems with the standard calendar app are:

1. I like to be able to mark things as complete when done. Most of what I do is more of a to do list than specific times things need to be done, so it really helps if I can cross things off.

2. I'd like to be able to quickly move tasks from one day to another, specifically having it move to the next day when complete.

3. I'd like to have more options for having something listed more than once, right now you can do every week, every two weeks, etc. but I would like to be able to do ever Monday, Tuesday, etc. if possible.

4. If possible I would like to be able to be notified more often. Right now the iPod Touch only beeps twice as a reminder and it seems if I have to alarms in it doesn't always go off both times, so if I have the alarm set I would like it to go off every so often until I see it, maybe by saying dismiss or something, not sure if this is available.

Hopefully I'm not asking too much, but that would be the ideal situation for me. Two other things that might be important, I'm not concerned about being able to sync because the iPod is the only thing I need the calendar on and I don't mind paying for the app as long as it is worth the price. It is hard to buy something like this not having any idea of how it works.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.