Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pete_Hoover

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2003
I get an error when I click on the "have a look for yourself" link on the bottom of the page.

blue&whiteman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
very nice!

do you have a b&w? I love mine so much. its the most rock solid thing I have ever owned.

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
blue&whiteman said:
very nice!

do you have a b&w? I love mine so much. its the most rock solid thing I have ever owned.

No, I only had that one, and sold it. It served me well for 2.5 years. It looks like you've upgraded yours rather nicely. I had 512MB in mine, but performed no CPU upgrade and I think I only ran OS X v10.0 on it - 10.1 had not even come out when I sold mine so I was running OS X a little slowly. I did have a Voodoo2 in there and that machine could play a glass-smooth game of Unreal Tournament. Did much Quake 3'ing on it as well, but for that used the Rage 128 @ 640x480, truecolor.

A great machine. Checkout my old blue&white site:

http://www.blakespot.com/mac/

and look in the Gallery for pix.

blakespot

justin216

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Tampa, FL
I'm thinking about giving my Beige fileserver away and getting a decently built B&W to replace it. I've found that the B&W series is very well built and can be upgraded heavily over time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.