PDA

View Full Version : What Color Profile do you use on your LCD?

cdp788
Apr 24, 2004, 12:21 AM
I was just curious as to what color profiles people are using on their PB screens. I have a Rev. A 12" and noticed the default color profile of both Jag. and Panther were a bit dull. After tweaking them a bit, the brushed metal gray and aqua blue look much richer. Has this been others' experiences? Are there profiles online i could download to see if I can't get richer colors?

stoid
Apr 24, 2004, 01:50 AM
I when through the whole 10 or so step custom calibration myself, and feel that I am getting a much richer color from my laptop as well. I've never heard of downloadable profiles. I don't know if it would do any good. Since my monitor is different in subtle ways than yours, that's why I go through custom calibration. Possibly, and likely, even I were to send you my custom calibration file for you to load, it wouldn't look the same on your screen. So if you went through the calibration process and feel that you selected the best values for your screen, then you have the best calibration that your eyes can detect on your screen. And that's what really matters.

Krizoitz
Apr 24, 2004, 02:00 AM
I have one that simply uses the screen (iMac 17") native gamma as opposed to the adjusted Mac gamma. I find the mac gamma to be on the yellow side and slightly washed out, the native gamma is richer and a little more to the blue side.

JFreak
Apr 24, 2004, 03:53 AM
custom calibration is really worth the trouble. do it, everyone.

fatzmack
Apr 24, 2004, 04:23 AM
i own a 20 inch apple cinema display, and i've done the following:

- display's native resolution of 1680x1050
- millions of colors
- 2.2 target gamma
- 6500 target white point (w/ no white point correction)

...and wallah. i do a lot of graphic work and need to have prints match what i see on the display, and thus far - cheesecake.

i love cheesecake.