PDA

View Full Version : found a picture of a blue quicksilver on apples support site (tecnician bit)

Mord
Apr 24, 2004, 05:07 AM
I found a picture of a blue quicksilver on apples support site (tecnician bit)

can I legaly post the picture here or what?

its really wierd

this link wont work unless your an apple cert

http://service.info.apple.com/service_training/service_training_2003/G4-foundations/pmg4_qs.html

tjwett
Apr 24, 2004, 10:08 AM
link doesn't work for us laymen. just post the pic.

Sayer
Apr 24, 2004, 12:17 PM
It's either the way the photo was taken or it was an early prototype (there are no door covers), there is no "conspiracy." Move along, nothing to see here.

Mord
Apr 24, 2004, 02:37 PM
here it is

(dont sue me apple)

Macmaniac
Apr 24, 2004, 02:40 PM
Those are the old QS and Yikes! G4s, nothing special.

stoid
Apr 24, 2004, 03:14 PM
The QuickSilver does look unnaturally blue though...

baby duck monge
Apr 24, 2004, 03:21 PM
The QuickSilver does look unnaturally blue though...

yeah, but it could easily just be a weird lighting/contrast situation.

stoid
Apr 24, 2004, 03:28 PM
yeah, but it could easily just be a weird lighting/contrast situation.

Possibly, but I the actual QuickSilver tower still looks gray under any light I've seen it (first hand experience, owning one :D). As with the number of licks it takes to get to Tootsie Roll center of A Tootsie Roll Pop. The world may never know.

baby duck monge
Apr 24, 2004, 04:27 PM
Possibly, but I the actual QuickSilver tower still looks gray under any light I've seen it (first hand experience, owning one :D). As with the number of licks it takes to get to Tootsie Roll center of A Tootsie Roll Pop. The world may never know.

oh well. regardless, this is probably nothing important. even if it were different than the quicksilvers that were released, we have moved far beyond that by now.

i was hoping these things would be really blue, though. not just slightly tinted. :D

krisjon
Apr 24, 2004, 05:00 PM

jane doe
Apr 24, 2004, 07:32 PM
man, read the bottom of the page....... Read the part about disclosure

Might wanna see if this thread can be pulled

Vlade
Apr 24, 2004, 08:24 PM
I think you all need your eyes checked if you call that blue... sure it has a slight blue tint to it, but to call it a plain blue quicksilver is crazy!

King Cobra
Apr 24, 2004, 08:31 PM
In the meantime, while the NDA thing is getting settled, look for a Flower Power Xserve and mirror the image here for everyone to see.

[attachment]

Damn...where is Sun Baked when you need one of those dancing banana parades?

Steven1621
Apr 24, 2004, 09:27 PM
the left design was used in a later PM model, correct

vniow
Apr 24, 2004, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by krisjon

Odd, I was unaware that threads could be attracted to other threads of the same gender.

???

stoid
Apr 24, 2004, 09:41 PM
the left design was used in a later PM model, correct

Yes, the form factor on the right was that of the Rev. A G4 Towers, the left was the revised G4 Tower in between the first, and the final Mirrored Drive Door enclosure.