Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justen

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Okay, I heard all the rumors about you can't put both of them on, etc. Better yet, you can put them on, but cannot get them off. I tried it anyway :)

I found out the rumors were true.

Has anyone succesfully gotten the Incase Slider off the iPhone with the Shield on the phone? How about without breaking the case?

Please don't post here saying something like, "You should have listened! You're so stupid!!!" Believe me, I know.

Is there anything that I can use to get it off?

Thanks in advance-J

kits

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2009
Okay, I heard all the rumors about you can't put both of them on, etc. Better yet, you can put them on, but cannot get them off. I tried it anyway :)

Is there anything that I can use to get it off?

Thanks in advance-J

First thanks in advance for the caution. I just ordered Incipio Ultra Light Feather Slim and won't put it without taking out the InvisibleSHIELD.

I think you can try blowing hairdryer over the case and get it out as the heat might help the case to expand slightly.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
The IS and the Incase Slider are both not worth the trouble. I don't understand all the rave about the slider. It adds way too much bulk for me. So I'm more than happy with me Elago case now. I barely notice it. That and a Crystal screen protector from the apple store and I'm set. None of that crappy IS film obscuring the screen with it's orange peel look.

swy05

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2008
The top earphone hole opening.

Take the eraser part of a pencil and put down to unjam the phone.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I have just got a 3Gs, a incase slider and an invisibleShield. In the Apple store I was told that a shield would fit on with the slider case (I didn't buy the IS from Apple), is this not the case?

I was hoping to put the IS on and also use the slider case. I haven't put the IS on yet, I've used them a lot for other iPods, phones etc fine

so can I not even put the front screen on IS and not use the slider with just that? Please help before I open everything

cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.