Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marbles

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
Hi.

I've the NVidia white Macbook and the machine is great except a few niggly details with the build.

At the front bottom where the indentation is to allow easier opening of the screen , well it can be pressed in slightly , each time I use the trackpad the area nr the indentation creaks, quite a lot . not the trackpad itself but the white bit of the finger space on the bottom cover

I was wondering if this is a known issue or not ,unfortunately I've not found anything with my own searches yet.

also where the magsafe connects , the grey top is approx 2 or 3 mm away from the white base , its the same on the other side where the optical drive access is , only the 'gap' on that side is longer

Will I have to take it in ? and is there a fix for the above issues ? thanks

flir67

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2005
Hi.

I've the NVidia white Macbook and the machine is great except a few niggly details with the build.

At the front bottom where the indentation is to allow easier opening of the screen , well it can be pressed in slightly , each time I use the trackpad the area nr the indentation creaks, quite a lot . not the trackpad itself but the white bit of the finger space on the bottom cover

I was wondering if this is a known issue or not ,unfortunately I've not found anything with my own searches yet.

also where the magsafe connects , the grey top is approx 2 or 3 mm away from the white base , its the same on the other side where the optical drive access is , only the 'gap' on that side is longer

Will I have to take it in ? and is there a fix for the above issues ? thanks

my macbook made noises took and creaked.I read up on how to disassemble it, I suggest you do the same, because when I put it back together "tight" it felt like a completely different machine. its worth the 3 hours doing it. google is your friend.

good luck

marbles

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
no way I'm taking apart a 2 month old machine , I might lift the battery cover and slide in some card somewhere but ye no dismantling going on, would stuff my applecare up if I damaged something .

will definitely have it pulled apart when its much older but not 2 months

marbles

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
my macbook made noises took and creaked.I read up on how to disassemble it, I suggest you do the same, because when I put it back together "tight" it felt like a completely different machine. its worth the 3 hours doing it. google is your friend.

good luck
actually you know, I might just do it ...it is really creaky this machine and doesn't feel 'tight' at all...it's that description of electronics you used that got me .."tight". yeah I want my macbook tight but then again ,I might just sell it before the new one is out and put the coin toward a second rev aluminium book in two months, thanks for your idea though( scares me a bit to be honest, never taken a PC apart before ...be ok after the jump I guess... anyways thanks man .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.